A Photography Blog

/rachel hulin

Miscellaneous

Wisconsin Day Two: Barack Hussein Obama II

Live from campaigning in Wisconsin:

I’ve broken out the Canon 20d, imperfect as it is. There is plenty of solid Obama hope around here, but also some serious vitriol. Here’s the latest propaganda that’s being stuck to mailboxes here, under the guise of the Obama campaign’s seal.

It gives me the shivers.

barack_black.jpg

The man who brought this flyer in was an older Democrat. He thought it was absolutely real.

Who knew Obama was a II?

72 comments

1. tomo - October 27, 2008 7:31 am

Saw this on The Guardian, so it’s made the nationals in the UK!

2. jr - October 27, 2008 10:24 am

Your wrong sir. I am a II, I am named after my grandfather.
    This is horrible sleaze regardless.

3. Fred - October 27, 2008 2:27 pm

I boy I hope they investigate this right after they get done investigating all the voter fraud from ACORN. This compared to the 200,000 fake registrations is just such an outrage!

4. MK - October 27, 2008 3:24 pm

Fred, the fake registrations were fraud against ACORN, and no one else. Furthermore, ACORN indicated the fraudulent registration when they were submitted. I thought Boing Boing readers tended to be well informed.
    Bertha, however, is simply ignorant and bigoted.
    Myself, I’ve had two lawn signs and one car magnet stolen so far. These things tell me all I need to know about McCain supporters.

5. Irritated in Tennessee - October 27, 2008 3:38 pm

How do you know this is fake???
    Even if this flyer is fake, you are naive to think that the sentiment isn’t real. Get off your white guilt imposed high horse and admit that this could have actually been passed out by a disenfranchised black voter for Obama.

6. J. Wesley Brown - October 27, 2008 3:47 pm

I saw the author of How to Rig an Election on Bill Maher talking about just this. Interesting to see proof. Thanks, Rachel.

7. MK - October 27, 2008 3:54 pm

It’s fake, Tennessee, because the Democratic Party does not refer to Obama as BHO II, and because it is clearly intended to frighten ignorant white people rather than to motivate African Americans to vote. You seem to indicate it may be working.

8. Atlanta Kicker - October 27, 2008 4:12 pm

No MK, it’s real. Get a grip. Obama is a Socialist, Marxist and a racist. Where have you been for 2 years?

9. MK - October 27, 2008 5:27 pm

Well, it’s a real piece of paper, anyway, made and distributed by Republican operatives in an attempt to drive voters away.
    Socialist, Marxist, Racist, Sexist, Muslim, Terrorist, Anti-American, Baby Killer.
    Well, next President of the United States, if nothing else.

10. piker62 - October 27, 2008 6:45 pm

Like I say in my blog, I doubt many people will buy this. Those who do, good luck with the gum chewing and walking at the same time.

11. Ludovic blain - October 27, 2008 7:56 pm

to track this and other dog whistle politics, go to stopdogwhistleracism.com….

12. stummies23 - October 27, 2008 8:02 pm

Barack Obama is not a muslim, But who cares if he was. Aren’t we allowed to practice the religion of our choice in this country. By the way, being muslim does not mean you are a terrorist. There are plenty of christian terrorists out there.

13. deshy - October 28, 2008 1:47 am

i posted the pic on the obama myspace…
    i got a response from the HQ

14. Mnemosyne - October 28, 2008 11:25 am

How do you know this is fake???
    Because the Obama campaign never refers to him as “Barack Hussein Obama II,” nor do any Democrats. The only people who habitually refer to him using his middle name are Republicans and right-wingers.
    This is what comes from never leaving your little echo chamber — you don’t realize that the way you and your friends refer to Obama is not the way everyone else does, so you end up looking like a fool in public.

15. Electric Boogaloo - October 28, 2008 3:45 pm

>>How do you know this is fake??? I hate to break it to you, but blacks in America are pissed off and they are voting for Obama because he is black. Blacks are just as racist as whites if not more so in some parts of our country.

16. Dante in Madison, WI - October 29, 2008 2:39 pm

I can’t believe that there are retards like this in the good state of Wisconsin that would stoop so low as to distribute something like this. I mean seriously–you have to have some sort of serious mental deficiency to produce and distribute this kind of race baiting b.s.

17. Chris - October 29, 2008 8:03 pm

Oh wow….

18. steve - October 30, 2008 8:17 am

I absolutely hate right wing republicans, down to the very core of my soul, this is the kind of crap that they pull on a daily basis. I never have, and never will vote for a republican ticket

19. Shirl - January 21, 2009 12:54 am

Barack Hussein Obama is president of usa….But at HIS BLACK BALL IN washington They wre ALL Black CEPT a few odd white …HIS word to the ? OH wait nation…” We come together’ OH? Where are the PAIL people ?? Hate me folks but MR Powell hates asian people….Obama wants white and BLACK,,,,ASIAN? JEWS? OK…Good luck….

20. mark - February 18, 2009 3:02 pm

NICE

21. JCD - March 8, 2009 10:34 pm

I wonder why barack hussein obama refuses to let the American people to see his real birth certicate?>> I mean that is very remarkable, nonetheless very bewildering.

22. JCD - March 8, 2009 10:38 pm

Lets get imformed before calling people otherwise.