A Photography Blog

/rachel hulin

Fine Art

Andrew Zuckerman. Bird.

zuckerman1

Close to impossible not to be enthralled by this work, I think.
zuckerman2

zuckerman3

zuckerman4

zuckerman5

zuckerman6

zuckerman7

zuckerman8

zuckerman10

There’s also a video. Who knew Chronicle Books had a youtube channel?

See more Andrew Zuckerman. See more birds.

11 comments

1. Phill Hunt - December 8, 2009 3:59 am

Hard not to agree, I think.

2. jan - December 9, 2009 5:18 am

stunning!!

3. Pingback: Vögel – Andrew Zuckerman - TheJunction

4. Andreas Jakwerth - December 9, 2009 7:17 pm

his work is so amazing!
    i bought his book creature and i´m definitely going to buy that one too!

thanks for sharing :)

5. meren - December 10, 2009 4:19 am

This stuff of his is quite mediocre in my opinion, maybe somewhat disturbing too.

Well, I have to admit that every single photo looks awesome (because the birds are awesome creatures) but conceptually the entire thing sucks.

There are so many photographers out there taking photos of the birds in their natural environment, without making them jump, fly or without firing studio lights around them. Here is a poor analogy to emphasize what this project really makes me feel like: a very rich guy goes to a village in Somalia and pays everyone money so he can take pictures of their miserable life without much trouble.

In my opinion this single photo here has much more talent, patience and respect in it than Zuckermans entire collection: http://tinyurl.com/qy3dh8

My 2 cents.

Ciao,

6. David Brommer - December 12, 2009 4:14 pm

Thanks for the find Rachel, I see a lot of nature work and I find it great for insomnia, but this is out of the box.

7. Jaymes Leavitt - December 12, 2009 9:03 pm

This is amazing work. I am very inspired!

8. Pingback: Not mine, but some amazing feather images! - Avian Avenue Parrot & Other Birds Message Board

9. Hunter Harrison - December 26, 2009 9:03 pm

Great post. I bought both “Bird” and “Creature” for my wife for Christmas. They are truly amazing. The price is not bad and the printing quality is really good (at least to this layman). I highly recommend either book.

10. Cindy Blue Horse - July 6, 2010 2:03 pm

Brilliant!!!

11. Randy The Orange County Wedding Photographer - August 1, 2010 10:18 pm

I find it a little off that we are looking at studio shots of birds. Strobes, white backgrounds, etc.